Burger King® Summer Fun Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED IN THIS SITE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES.
In the Kansas City, KS and Kansas City, MO metro and surrounding areas the Promotion begins July 2, 2012 at 12:01:00 am U.S. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends July 29, 2012 at 11:59:00 pm ET (“Promotion Period”).
In the New York, NY metro and surrounding areas the Promotion begins July 2, 2012 at 12:01:00 am U.S. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends July 8, 2012 at 11:59:00 pm ET (“Promotion Period”).
Burger King® Summer Fun (“Promotion” or “Sweepstakes”), sponsored and administered by TMPG (“Sponsor”) is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Void outside the United States, in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
Any attempt by any individual to exceed the above-indicated entry limits by using multiple/different e-mail or IP addresses, identities, or any other methods will void all that individual’s entries and that individual will be disqualified. Use of any automated program or like means to submit an entry form will result in disqualification. Sponsor, its promotional partner Burger King Corporation, radio station partners and their respective agencies are not responsible for late, lost, garbled/illegible, misdirected, incomplete or invalid submissions, all of which are void and will not result in Sweepstakes entry. Proof of transmission of completed entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry in Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to identity of any entrant the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to submit an entry will be deemed the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
3. Prize Drawings: For the Kansas City, KS and Kansas City, MO metro and surrounding areas there will be twelve (12) prizes in the Promotion: Twelve Grand Prizes. The prize winners will be selected in a random drawing held from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The drawing will be conducted by TMPG, an independent judging agency, on or about August 1, 2012.
For the New York, NY metro and surrounding areas there will be twenty-two (22) prizes in the Promotion: Twenty-two Grand Prizes. The prize winners will be selected in a random drawing held from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The drawing will be conducted by TMPG, an independent judging agency, on or about July 10, 2012.
4. Prizes and Odds of Winning
For the Kansas City, KS and Kansas City, MO metro and surrounding areas:
Grand Prizes – Twelve (12) winners will each win one (1) $10 BK® Crown Card. Approximate Retail Value is $10.00.
TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES IN KANSAS CITY, KS: $120.00
For the New York, NY metro and surrounding areas:
Grand Prizes – Twenty-two (22) winners will each win one (1) $10 BK® Crown Card. Approximate Retail Value is $220.00.
TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES IN NEW YORK, NY: $220.00
Use of gift card is subject to terms/conditions indicated thereon which may include expiration date (where lawful). Winners are solely responsible for any applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all unspecified expenses or fees associated with prize acceptance, receipt and use. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of prize permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal value if advertised prize cannot be awarded as stated for any reason. Prize cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash by winner (except where required by law).
In the event that a potential prize winner cannot be contacted, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize without compensation. In the event that a potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event of prize forfeiture, an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from all remaining eligible entries received for the drawing. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail, U.S. mail, or phone. Prize will be fulfilled by mail approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion, subject to verification of potential winner’s eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, within the required time period, or if the prize is returned as undelivered, potential winner forfeits such prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Eligibility: Void where prohibited. Employees, officers, and directors of Burger King Corporation, radio station partners and TMPG (Sponsor), their respective partners, agencies, related companies and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings and grandparents), and same household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible to enter or win the prize. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which are final and binding in all respects.
6. General Conditions: Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond its control impairs the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor will select the winners via random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received prior to (and/or after, if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or by some other means deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules. And, notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.URLNAME.com. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it determines, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Sponsor’s or any related promotion web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law (as well as disqualifying such individual, if appropriate). Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. These Official Rules (or any other Sweepstakes materials) may not be published elsewhere without the express written consent of Sponsor, which may be withheld for any reason.
7. Publicity Release: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown, and state and other indicia of persona for promotional, trade, or advertising purposes in any media without geographic or time limitation, and without additional payment or consideration.
8. Liability Release: By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its partners and agencies (including but not limited to Burger King Corporation, radio station partners and TMPG), their respective related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of the prize.
9. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor, its partners and agencies (including but not limited to Burger King Corporation, radio station partners and TMPG) are not responsible for and you hereby release Sponsor, its partners and agencies (including but not limited to Burger King Corporation, radio station partners and TMPG) from any claims arising from: (1) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected entries, or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which are void and will be disqualified; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware, or software; (3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of Web site or any other service; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion and/or incomplete or inaccurate information being displayed on Web site whether due to unauthorized human intervention, equipment failure or malfunction, or other cause; (5) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of submitted entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to an individual’s computer (or any information/materials stored thereon), which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by participation in the Promotion or from downloading any material from Sponsor’s or related Web site(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor, agency, or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to a Sponsor’s or its agency’s Web site by a hypertext link.
10. Disputes/Choice of Law: To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the award of the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts located in Westchester County, New York, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) you hereby waive all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. The internal, substantive law of New York governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto including construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules. By participating in Sweepstakes, you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Westchester County, New York.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Winners List: For the winners list, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to Burger King® Summer Fun Sweepstakes Winners List Request, 711 Westchester Ave, Suite 102, White Plains, NY 10604. Requests must be received by July 29, 2012.